Behind the Guitar Premiere Set for September 19, 2015
Roger McGuinn, Laurence Juber highlight series airing this fall on PBS39; Saturday nights at 11:30pm, right after Steel Sessions.
Behind the Guitar, a music series featuring interview and acoustic performance segments, takes music lovers on an acoustic, auditory joyride. Enjoy as host Craig Thatcher provides viewers with insightful interviews of nine timeless musicians over ten episodes.
“I am very excited to be part of these wonderful, intimate and revealing PBS39 shows, featuring many well-known artists — some of whom have played major roles in the origins of country rock, folk and acoustic blues,” said Craig Thatcher, host of Behind the Guitar. “For those of us growing up in the 60s, some of our guests actually created and contributed in a major way to the music that has become the soundtrack of our early lives.”
The air dates for each episode of Behind the Guitar are as follows. All episodes will air on Saturday nights at 11 p.m.*
*Schedule subject to change. Please check wlvt.org for the latest scheduling information.
- Sept. 19: Roger McGuinn, founding member and lead guitarist/vocalist of The Byrds (Pt. 1)
- Sept. 26: Roger McGuinn, founding member and lead guitarist/vocalist of The Byrds (Pt. 2)
- Oct. 3: G.E. Smith, former lead guitarist for Hall & Oates and music director of the Saturday Night Live Band
- Oct. 10: Stefan Grossman, acoustic fingerstyle guitarist
- Oct. 17: Laurence Juber, former lead guitarist for Paul McCartney & Wings
- Oct. 24: Trevor Gordon Hall, world and new age guitarist
- Oct. 31: Woody Mann, jazz, blues and American roots guitarist
- Nov. 7: John Arnold, Bethlehem guitarist and member of classical ensembles Satori and Two Part Invention
- Nov. 14: Chris Hillman, original member of The Byrds and leader of The Desert Rose Band.
- Nov. 21: Herb Pedersen, former member of The Desert Rose Band and Laurel Canyon Ramblers